Offer of a Place in Firhouse Community College
The offer of a place is conditional on the following:
- The student has reached the required age of 12 on the 1st January in the calendar year following the child’s entry into first year;
- Students of Irish nationality have completed sixth class in Primary school;
- The school is provided with details of the child’s PPS No. and mother’s maiden name as required by the Department of Education and Skills.
- Students from other countries have reached a comparable standard of education;
- The parent/guardian confirms, in writing, by letter of email, the acceptance of a place within twenty one days of the offer being posted;
- If an applicant does not respond to an offer for a place within this twenty one day period, the place offer will be withdrawn and offered to another applicant. Applicants will be notified of this withdrawal in writing;
- The parent/guardian attends with the child at the Enrolment Day (set for Saturday 26th November 2016) to complete the registration process.
- The student attends and completes the College entrance assessment in the period January – March preceding their entry to the College.