Firhouse Community College was established in 1982 to meet the
second-level, educational needs of the local community. As teachers,
we commit ourselves to work to fulfil this purpose with dedication
and professional expertise.
We acknowledge and value the support that we receive from the Board of
Management and from Dublin Dun Laoghaire ETB. We acknowledge
and welcome the active support that we receive from parents in all
aspects of school life.
As a co-educational, non-selective, multi-denominational school, we
Believe in the principle of education for all. We value the uniqueness of
each member of our school community. We are committed to equality in all aspects of school life.
As educators, we are mindful of, and sensitive to, the changing needs of
students as they grow towards adulthood. We commit ourselves to care
for our students and to provide for their wellbeing.
We also commit ourselves to care for our colleagues.
We endeavour to carry out our work to the highest standards .We strive
to create a positive, respectful atmosphere that is conducive to teaching
and learning and the personal development of every member of the school
community. For this reason we expect our students to share and uphold
the values of our school.
In working as a team we aim to assist you, the student, to :
– discover and realise your own potential
– Achieve the highest of your abilities
– Lead a rewarding and fulfilling life
– Strive for excellence
– Develop personal discipline in your life
– Respect and care for your own well-being and the well-being of others
– Understand and appreciate the values and traditions of our society
– Become good citizens
– Understand , respect and actively contribute to the community in which you live.